Other Services


An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for ten years. Anybody selling or renting out a home must have a valid EPC. We are able to organise this on your behalf.

  • Sellers – If the current EPC has expired (i.e. is more than ten years old) a new certificate must be ordered before the property is marketed

  • Landlords – From April 2018, all properties must have an EPC rating of E or above before any new tenancy can be agreed

 If you’ve made improvements to the property you should also consider ordering a new EPC to reflect these improvements in the certificate.  

One less thing to think about – how can we help?

Whether you’re a busy landlord or you’re selling a property, we know you have enough to be thinking about. That’s why Whitakers offer a quick and convenient service for ordering your EPC – all for just £75.00 plus VAT (£90.00 inclusive).

  • Landlords – call our Lettings Management team on 01482 330486 for Hull and 01282 619900 for Nelson 

  • Sellers – speak to your local sales branch


Want to know how much you can borrow? We’ve got you covered.

If you’re looking to move, it’s important to know what you can afford. Whether you’re a first time buyer, a seasoned mover or a buy-to-let investor, you’ll need a qualified financial adviser who can assist you in finding the right mortgage.

Remember, it’s not just the mortgage repayments you need to consider before you move. If you’re buying a home you must also factor in the cost of Stamp Duty, solicitor’s fees, insurances, removals and any initial improvements. If you’re selling a property too you’ll need to include estate agency fees.

Where do I start?

Book a free, no obligation appointment with our in-house Financial Services team.

Whitakers Estate Agents Limited acts as an Appointed Representative firm of Mortgage Advice Bureau a leading mortgage and insurance network. We have qualified financial advisers available to meet you in branch or in your own home:

  • Whole of market mortgages
  • Home and contents insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Personal protection policies