Costs of renting a property:
Every rental property has a deposit of 5 weeks' rent, and you will be required to pay your first month's rent in advance. If a property is £525 per calendar month, you would have a deposit of £605, making the total move in cost £1130.
Breakdown of costs and information:
• A holding deposit equivalent to one week's rent will be required on receipt of a complete application for a property. This holding deposit will be allocated to the first month’s rent once an application has been accepted and a move-in date agreed. If the application is rejected by the landlord, the deposit will be returned unless the tenant changes the application in any way, fails to sign a lease in the agreed timescale, provides false information leading to the rejection of the application or fails a Right to rent test.
• Monthly rent paid in advance
• Late payments fees @ 3% over base rate on a daily basis on missed rental payments
• A deposit, which will be approximately 5 weeks rent, will be required.
• An additional monthly rental charge for pets, if accepted and if applicable
Whitakers do not charge the tenant any fees for applying or the granting of a shorthold tenancy.